Our nursing sisters hold daily surgeries by appointment. They are assisted by a health care assistant who holds smoking cessation sessions twice weekly. When booking an appointment it is helpful if you can give the receptionist the reason for your appointment. This will ensure you are booked in to the appropriate clinic with the appropriate nurse. The nurses may be seen for the following:
- New patient health checks
- cervical smears
- asthma and diabetic clinics
- weight management and dietary advice
- removal of sutures
- hearing tests
- child health and immunisations
- travel advice and vaccinations
If you’re trying to give up smoking, we can help.
Emma Trinder, our qualified stop smoking specialist offers flexible evening and weekend appointments to suit your every need. Please make an appointment to see her so we can support you to stop smoking.
The services we offer from the Practice can:
- Boost your willpower to stop smoking
- Concentrate your efforts by getting advice from someone who knows your medical background
- Help you feel that you are not doing it alone
- Help you to cope when you are tempted to smoke
- Monitor improvements to your health so that you can see the benefits
One of the most important things that a parent can do for their child is to make sure that they have all their routine childhood vaccinations. It’s the most effective way of keeping them protected against infectious diseases.
Ideally, children should have their jabs at the right age to protect them as early as possible and minimise the risk of infection.
Find out which jabs your child needs, when they need them, and what the benefits of each jab are on the NHS Choices website.
Please contact the practice to make an appointment.