Non NHS Services
The Doctors are able to provide certain services not covered by the NHS, e.g. certain medical examinations, driving licence forms, insurance reports, special letters etc. These services are subject to a fee. We use the scale of fees suggested by the BMA.
Some of these services may require a special appointment. Please contact reception for advice.
For Services not Provided under the NHS
The services shown are not provided under the National Health Service contract and the following fees will be charged. If you have any questions relating to these fees, please address them to the Patient Services Team Leader before requesting this service.
No Private work will be undertaken until the fee is received in full.
- Private prescription – £40
- Private sick note – £50
- Private Insurance Claims Forms – £80
- To whom it may concern letter (must be agreed by GP):
- Simple – £50
- Complex – £65
- or hourly rate
- Child minding form – £120
- Ofsted Health declaration (SCC/Local Authority) – £120
- Confirmation of Medication – £50
- Query Certificate no examination – £50
- University forms – £70
- Pensions report – £120
- Council Tax discount – £50
- Medical insurance certificate (e.g. Bupa, PPA, AXA PPP) – £80
- General practitioner report applications – £150
- Report (diabetes questionnaire, alcohol questionnaire etc.) – £150
- Supplementary questions – We charge per hour £200 a minimum of an hour charge
- Life Assurance Proposal (full GP report and targeted report):
- GPR £120
- Rep £100
- Private GP appointments (10 mins) – £150
- Private Nurse appointments (10 mins) – £70
- Private Home Visit (10 mins) – £300
- Medical and report (e.g. Elderly, HGV, PSV and Taxi) – £150
- Hep B (3 vaccinations required at £45 each dose)
- Hep B Junior (£40 per dose)
- Malaria Prescription – £50
- Meningitis – £70
- Rabies (3 vaccinations required at £70 each dose)
- Cancellation of Holiday claim form – £80
- Private sick note – £50
Temporary residents not eligible for NHS treatment
- Private consultation (10 mins) – £150
- Private prescription – £50
- Army Medical report (no examination) – £150
- Police Officer Questionnaire – £60
- Police Rehabilitation Form – £80
- AH Form – Company Pays: £125
- AH2 – Company Pays: £90
- AH Form – Patient Pays: £125
- AH2 – Patient Pays: £90
Additional Fast Track Fees
- 24 hour fast track fee in addition to specified cost – £250
- 7 day fast track fee in addition to specified cost – £150
Please check with the surgery that the FastTrack option is available as this will depend on doctor availability.
Please allow up to 28 days for all private work to be completed commencing from the day we receive payment.
These charges are set to reflect the GP dedication to NHS work as a priority.
Alternatively the work can be charged at an hourly rate of £200 with a minimum fee of 1 hours’ work and further increments of 15 minutes.